Friday 6 March 2015

rehersal process- wednesday 6th march 2015

rehearsal process

we started with our opening scene which was use running rapid across the stage but in a very scared emotional way. as this scene is the air raid scene.
In this scene we came up with movements that would go as a nice contrast but also that interlinks with what we are doing for example we all have different ways of our own to get to one side of the stage to the other but we make it fast so this shows that we are scared and want to get away, with this we are having sounds in the background which will make it  a bit more obvious to the audience that this play is all about "war".
To do this we use our own way of connecting with each other, for example we have something which we pass to each other but really we have nothing to pass, we make the audience imagine we have something. We do this scene twice as we found out that it wasn't long enough and it made it more clear to understand by doing it twice but at the end demi runs and crash's on the floor this will show the audience that the first scene is over.

After this we was practicing more reading out our lines on the script,
Daniel gave use a few movements and actions we could do,for example my character Phaedra is a very exaggerating character so the scenes I act are very over dramatic,but the audience will see this and find it funny because its something that stands out as clowning.
The actions I do the audience will pick up on because they are very unusual, and don't look real, However I speak for the female chorus to this becomes a nice contrast between my character and then going straight into a different one, which also the audience will see.

The things I thought really worked well about the first scene was it was really clear to see that it was all about war because you can tell that we are trying to get away and move to a safer place, also when demi runs across the stage and crashes on the floor it looks really effective and moving.
Meanwhile the other piece I think really works well is my bit of the play where I act out very over dramatic because this will be a funny bit of the scene where the audience will see this and wheel get a few laughs, which will be a nice contract from going from formal to informal straight away.
In condition to this there are places that will need tweaking a bit for example when we are running across the stage I need to be quicker and throw myself to the floor more, so this will make it more clear to understand that I am trying to get away.
The other things i need to improve is on the dramatic scenes be even more dramatic and throw myself at it.

The things i have learnt is " now is the time to stop being shy and throw myself at this, because if i do then the more i don't care about looking stupid,then the more I will progress and be a lot more confident. by having this character I know I will become more confident I can tell already that it is helping me become more confident in acting a bit un normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment